From physical to cloud – flexible, portable, secure hybrid deployments
Flexible, Portable, and Secure, that’s the powerful combination of Hewlett Packard Enterprise + Docker. HPE and Docker lead the charge in creating container based platforms that help you build your applications faster, flex and scale easier, run your applications better.
HPE and Docker Alliance is a comprehensive solution that spans the entire application life cycle and helps you cut costs, reduce complexity, and increase performance for even the most demanding enterprise workloads.
Why choose HPE and Docker
- Industry’s first Docker ready HPE servers.
- The flexibility of a true hybrid solution, bring your own containers, run your Docker apps in the public cloud or your own private cloud.
- Best performance for Docker applications optimized across HPE’s end to end stack.
- Built in Security of running bare metal Docker in your own data center
- Single point of contact for enterprise-grade support, 24x7 access to a global network of specialists for advice, best practices and coaching.
With fully supported, one-stop solutions delivered by Hewlett Packard Enterprise, your organization gains confidence, speed and productivity on your journey towards containerization. Your development, testing, operations and DevOps teams can enjoy unparalleled security, scalability and manageability as you move containers from experimentation towards full production.
HPE Solutions for Docker
HPE will offer pre-configured HPE server platforms ready for Docker containers. These pre-tested server models, including HPE ProLiant, HPE Apollo, and HPE CloudLine, will be delivered ready for container environments, resulting in simplified and repeatable deployment, improved performance and greater flexibility for customers.
RA for Docker Datacenter on HPE CA700 with HPE Helion CloudSystem
This RA highlights best practices in configuring and deploying a Containers-as-a-Service (CaaS) platform based on Docker Datacenter, HPE CA700, and HPE Cloud System Enterprise. This RA supports three Docker deployment use cases: Enterprise scale deployment with Docker running in VMs or via bare-metal, and small scale deployment of Docker on bare-metal nodes. HPE Helion CloudSystem is leveraged as a hybrid cloud management layer enabling organizations to deploy and grow Docker container nodes using the same portal as other cloud services.
Optimize DevOps with Docker HPE BladeSystem Reference Guide
Continuous integration and continuous development (CI/CD) are changing the way developers work, and Docker is a key part of this equation. This guide documents the experiences and learnings from our own CI/CD project. The HPE OneView development team realized significant productivity gains and opex cost savings by switching the development and build environment to Docker and HPE Bladesystems. Leveraging light-weight containers instead of VMs dramatically reduced build time and cost. The HPE BL460c Gen9 blades provided a powerful foundation for the new CI/CD applications and streamlined processes.
Docker Datacenter on HC380 Reference Guide
The focus of this reference configuration is to outline deployment guidance of Docker Datacenter on a HPE HC-380 Hyper Converged platform. It describes how to leverage the HC-380’s built in virtualization and high availability capabilities, along with HPE SiteScope and AppDefender software for deploying Docker in a production environment.
Docker Enterprise Edition Standard on Synergy Reference Configuration Guide
This reference configuration describes a best practice scenario for deploying Docker to a mix of bare metal and virtualized environment on HPE Synergy. It describes the value proposition for running Docker container workloads in a hybrid virtual and bare metal environment leveraging the strengths of the HPE Composable Infrastructure. The reader will learn how to rapidly deploy Docker using HPE Synergy Image Streamer technology.
HPE IT Docker in the Data Center (DiDC)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a vast IT organization that consists of 15k Dev + Ops professionals, operating in 11 countries, with hundreds of development teams working together on over 1000 projects. Millions of lines of code get changed every day, generating 20,000+ change request in an average year. This vast organization is on our own journey towards Dockerization. We are actively documenting the multiple phases of our own containerization project, stay tuned for how HPE is "coding" our own infrastructure with Docker. The vision: one application image, one deployment command, multiple deployment models – fully embracing Docker on a large scale.
Enterprise Grade Docker support and consulting services
HPE delivers expanded (24x7 mission critical) support for Docker in alignment with HPE’s technology solutions roadmaps, providing a predictable release schedule and support for legacy versions of Docker Engines, patches and hot fixes for existing and new deployments. As customers begin their journey to containerization, HPE provides technology assessments, design and implementation services for containers and micro services (workload modernization) and datacenter services from HPE Technology Services Consulting Services.
Distributed Cloud Networking Docker Plug-in
To take full advantage of containers, the networking environment must be optimized to connect container–based applications. HPE Distributed Cloud Networking (DCN) overcomes manual IT provisioning by seamlessly automating physical and virtual multi-tenant network infrastructure provisioning with application and cloud orchestration.
The HPE DCN Docker networking plug–in enables enterprise customers to accelerate application provisioning – helping to reduce time to new service from months to minutes. HPE DCN requires no change to their underlying IP infrastructure helping customers extend and protect their current investment – while at the same time responding to changing market demands.
Docker-Integrated™ Native Docker Volume Plugin for HPE 3PAR StoreServ arrays and StoreVirtual Storage
Docker containers are designed to be transient, as is the storage assigned to them. For example, in Docker environments data volumes are tied to a specific server–meaning that as a Docker container is deleted or moved between servers the underlying storage resources do not stay with that container. While suitable for many containerized apps, other applications (such as SQL databases) critically require storage to persist in such cases for the application to properly function.
To address this need for persistent storage, HPE is now offering a new Docker–Integrated™ Native Docker Volume Plugin for HPE 3PAR StoreServ arrays and StoreVirtual Storage. Fully supported by all Docker tools, this plugin adds to customer choice and flexibility by enabling the use of unified, flash–optimized HPE 3PAR StoreServ arrays or StoreVirtual software-defined storage as the underlying storage for non-VM (or "bare-metal") container deployments using Docker.
The native Docker plugin for 3PAR StoreServ arrays and StoreVirtual Storage will be available from the HPE GitHub site, and complements the existing Docker–OpenStack® storage drivers available for both HPE 3PAR StoreServ and HPE StoreVirtual software-defined storage for use in OpenStack environments, which are based on the ClusterHQ Flocker technology.
IT Operations Management solutions
HPE’s market leading IT Operations suite of products is now integrated with Docker API’s and the Docker plug–in framework, enabling IT Ops to realize the value of adopting Docker as they transform to a hybrid infrastructure. Together, the new solutions deliver agility, portability and control to IT Ops.
New Docker–ready, ITOM solutions spanning building, delivering, and management of Docker-based applications and environments including:
- HPE Codar – Delivers application lifecycle management capabilities for Docker-based applications
- HPE CMS (Universal Discovery and UCMDB) – Discovers and displays Docker topology information, including Docker Application, Docker Container, Docker Image, Docker Image Template, Docker Registry, Docker Volume. Enables complete view into the context of the applications and services for Docker environments and implementing ‘change impact’, and service mapping use cases.
- HPE Operations Bridge – Delivers comprehensive monitoring of Docker containers and as well as the payloads running in the container
HPE ALM Octane and HPE StormRunner Load for Docker applications
- HPE’s ALM Octane, part of the HPE ALM platform offers a set of capabilities designed to help developers, QA and IT operations accelerate their DevOps process while delivering with Quality. The HPE ALM platform embraces both traditional development technologies along with Agile developer tools like Jenkins, Gherkin, GIT. Working with Docker based CI/CD-as-a-service providers, teams achieve lifecycle governance across multiple pipelines for containerized apps and micro services.
Get the full details
- HPE StormRunner offers Agile load and performance testing for developers and dev testers to test and optimize Docker applications. This simple, smart, scalable cloud testing solution leverages HPE LoadRunner scripts as well as open source frameworks like Jmeter, Gatling, WebPageTest. Today HPE StormRunner integrates with CI/CD providers, making it easier for teams to plan, run, and scale end to end performance testing of containerized apps and micro services in the cloud.
Get the full details