From physical to cloud – flexible, portable, secure hybrid deployments
Flexible, Portable, and Secure, that’s the powerful combination of Hewlett Packard Enterprise + Docker. HPE and Docker lead the charge in creating container based platforms that help you build your applications faster, flex and scale easier, run your applications better.
Modernizing Traditional Applications with HPE and Docker
With Windows 2008 End of Support from Microsoft fast approaching, customers are evaluating how to migrate their Windows legacy applications to a current environment. HPE and Docker have joined forces to roll out the Modernizing Traditional Applications (MTA) service from HPE Pointnext to assist customers with their legacy app migrations. The MTA program is designed to help IT teams flip the 80% maintenance to 20% innovation ratio on its head. The combination of Docker Enterprise, HPE Pointnext services and HPE’s market-leading infrastructure in one turnkey program delivers portability, agility and security for your existing app portfolio to drive down total costs and starts your transformation towards hybrid IT.
Why choose HPE and Docker
- Services to rapidly migrate and containerize your legacy applications
- End-to-end container solutions for compelling use cases
- HPE container ready infrastructures (servers, storage, networking)
- Strongest application platform, broadest partner ecosystem
- Single point of contact for enterprise-grade support, 24x7 access to a global network of specialists for advice, best practices and coaching.
With fully supported, one-stop solutions delivered by Hewlett Packard Enterprise, your organization gains confidence, speed and productivity on your journey towards containerization. Your development, testing, operations and DevOps teams can enjoy unparalleled security, scalability and manageability as you move containers from experimentation towards full production.
HPE Solutions for Docker
HPE will offer pre-configured HPE server platforms ready for Docker containers. These pre-tested server models, including HPE ProLiant, HPE Apollo, and HPE CloudLine, will be delivered ready for container environments, resulting in simplified and repeatable deployment, improved performance and greater flexibility for customers.
Docker Containers as a Service on HPE Synergy Composable Infrastructure is a complete solution from Hewlett Packard Enterprise that includes all the hardware, software, professional services, and support you need to deploy a Containers-as-a-Service (CaaS) platform, allowing you to get up and running quickly and efficiently. The solution takes the HPE Synergy infrastructure and combines it with Docker’s enterprise-grade container platform, popular open source tools, along with deployment and advisory services from HPE Pointnext.
- Modernize applications – Customers can now improve release speed, portability, and agility for enterprise applications
- Datacenter consolidation – run you container and none container applications on the same platform to ease operational costs
- Speed up DevOps – Provide a container infrastructure that can meet the rapid provision demands of their developers
- Simplify container operations – Reduce the complexity of standing up and managing a production ready container environment.
Express Containers with Docker: Zero to containers in minutes
Express Containers with Docker is a pre-integrated solution designed to deliver a Container-as-a-Service private cloud within a few hours to enable container DevOps and application modernization. It includes accelerated deployment services and a container readiness assessment to speed time to value.
- Achieve cloud like ease of use and deployment speed with the reliability, scalability, and security of a private environment
- Unleash developer productivity with agile dev/test environments and deliver apps faster
- Production ready environment in minutes with HPE automated playbooks to rapidly deploy a fully operational Docker cluster with preconfigured backup and monitoring
- Enhance application portability and modernize traditional applications across hybrid IT to optimize SLAs
- Reduce costs and increase resilience with built-in data persistence, data protection, and data efficiency features
Modern Traditional Application (MTA) Service
This service delivered by HPE Pointnext is the fastest way to migrate legacy applications to Docker containers. This is a 30-day starter service that delivers the tools and advisory services to help you containerize your few select applications and begin saving 40-60% on your IT Operations cost. The service includes suitability review of 1-3 candidate applications for containerization, deployment of Docker EE Advanced on HPE Infrastructure and containerization, testing of the candidate application on the Docker EE platform. At the final stage, HPE Pointnext experts review the environment, define next steps for continuous integration, deployment as well as production-ready requirements.
Enterprise Grade Docker support and consulting services
HPE delivers expanded (24x7 mission critical) support for Docker in alignment with HPE’s technology solutions roadmaps, providing a predictable release schedule and support for legacy versions of Docker Engines, patches and hot fixes for existing and new deployments. As customers begin their journey to containerization, HPE provides technology assessments, design and implementation services for containers and micro services (workload modernization) and datacenter services from HPE Technology Services Consulting Services.
Lines-of-business are partnering with IT to identify technologies with the potential to transform the way they serve their customers, architect their processes, and transform traditional products to services-based offerings through DevOps. A key enabling technology for DevOps are Docker containers, designed to be transient, as is the storage assigned to them. For example, in Docker environments data volumes are tied to a specific server–meaning that as a Docker container is deleted or moved between servers the underlying storage resources do not stay with that container. While suitable for many containerized apps, other applications (such as databases) critically require data storage to persist in such cases for the application to properly function.
To address this need for persistent storage, HPE offers Docker plugins. Download HPE Docker-certified plugins from the Docker Store to control HPE storage features using the Docker command line, tools, and APIs.